Wednesday 22 February 2012

The time the time who's got the time!?

Obviously not me. Wanna know the reason why yet again I havent been posting? Remember that cold that poor Rye has been fighting off  and was the reason why i hadnt been posting before? Well it went from improving to horrible suddenly. Poor kid has an ear infection. He's almost done his antibiotics and feeling much better :)

So since I last posted and promised a follow up post that I never got around to I have tried convincing my hubby to let me rename our dog, Maggie, to Lady Rottingham because shes fat and smells, made several attempts to reorganize my house and did manage to get more done then expected and yesturday morning while exercising I aggrevated my sciatic nerve yet again and currently in lots of pain so all the other stuff I had hoped to accomplish will have to be put on hold. At least sitting here writing a post is doable.

So I promised a follow up picture of my diaper stash. So here ya go!



I use a pail with a lid that latches as shown above for dirty diapers. It contains the smell plus prevents children getting into it. I keep it up high just incase.



Lets talk about health and fitness!

I believe its very important for moms to gets lots of exercise and to eat healthy. The problem? We don't have time for gyms and so rushed that we end up eating crappy foods that are fast to prepare or we skip meals. I'm guilty of forgeting to eat and doing my best to fix that.  To raise happy and healthy children we need to be happy and healthy ourselves.

Well heres what I do to get my exercise in. First of all I walk to and from the school 3x a day. The walk is 15 minutes each way so that totals 1.5 hour of walking just to and from the school. During spring and fall when the weather is still nice enough for the park I take the kids and that adds on an extra 20-30 minutes of walking not including the running around I gotta do at the park. During the winter in the mornings I do what I call baby arobics. I dance around with the kids and use the baby to get a workout. Maybe I'll post pics sometime to give a better idea when I'm no longer suffering from nerve pain.  Kids are heavy and make great weights. Older children are great for counting and its good for them to practise. I also do yoga and beginners pilates with the kids because those are safe options they can participate in.  The kids have a great time and they remain active which is important to me.
On the days when I don't get a morning workout I do have Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30 and Carmen Electra DVD's that I can do in the evenings.  I also try to attend the Zumba class at Goodlife on Sundays when Nick and the kids are at church.

So as yall can see I take the opportunities that life gives me and use what is free or I can easily afford and do at home or out in nature. I don't need a gym or a babysitter or any fancy equipment although one day Nick and I would like to have a small home gym. For now we don't have the space or money. I'm happy to say that although I havent reached my pre pregnancy size, I have slimmed down lots and feeling great and energetic and healthy and that's what matters most, I do not care to be super skinny, my body will never be 100lb again and the stretch marks are here for life and thats ok. I do not have unrealistic expectations of myself, my only expectation is to be as healthy as possible and to encourage my children to live a healthy lifestyle. Maybe at some point I'll post a before and after picture but for now I must wrap this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment