Friday 24 February 2012

Cloth wipes. Another non entertaining informative post.

So I mentioned cloth wipes in my cloth diapering post a while back but thought I could chat more about cloth wipes and how easy they are to make. Since my sciatia pain is currently severe I am unable to do much so I decided today that I would catch up on some sewing and make Miss.V a belt and some more wipes for Rye.  Wipes are VERY easy to make. I use whatever material I have on hand. Typically flannel or fleece.You can also cut up old towels and use those and they work great. The only reason why I don't have too many of those is because Ryes skin is sensitive and the material is a bit rough for him.  You can make the wipes any size you want. I never bother measuring because im usually using scraps of material and make whatever size can be managed. Some are small while others are much larger.  

So to start take whatever material you have and cut into squares. Whatever size you like. I usually stick to 5-7inches but again not always possible when using scrap material.


So I make the wipes with 2 layers of flannel. Put the together with printed sides facing out. Just like in the picture.


Next I use the zigzag setting on my sewing machine and go around twice. I want to make sure they don't fall apart in the wash. After you do that cut close to the edge.


And viola! You have reusable wipes!  You don't need to use soap. Just wet with warm water and use.


These are easy to wash. If you cloth diaper then just put them in the washer with the diapers. If you don't cloth diaper you can wash these in the laundry sink by hand and will only take a moment to do. Just wash in very warm water and a little detergent and then rinse well. Squeeze out extra water and you can hang them up to dry or put them in the dryer.

These wipes are adorable and cost me very little or nothing to make and they are not uncomfortable for my baby.


 If anyone is interested in reusable wipes but does not sew feel free to leave a comment and we can see if we can work something out :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment