Thursday 19 January 2012

Recipe Wednesdays! Apple muffins mmmm

Its like heaven in your face. So you should make these and loves me forever for creating such an awesome recipe. I tried others and they were dry and not very appley so I did some experimenting and finally perfected it. Awesome recipe during the fall after you go apple picking and they freeze well.  Your welcome.

Apple muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
lots of cinnamon...unless you don't like it much then do just a little
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup applesauce instead of egg.
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups apple - peeled, cored and chopped
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or
line with paper muffin liners.
2.Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl,
stir together milk, applesauce and butter. Stir mixture into flour mixture just until combined
. Fold in chopped apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3.Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center
of a muffin comes out clean.

3 comments:

  1. Where is my muffin...I was just there....you gave me no muffin.....I DEMAND a muffin
    -Love Your Hungry Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL sorry havent made any in a few months and this year I didnt have any help so i didnt get many made up. Next time apples go on sale we shall make muffins! At least I showed you how to make tortillas. Have you made them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No:( I don't have a rolling pin...I went to buy one but who knew that it is the one and only item on all if this earth that dollerama does not sell! I am also really angry b/c I went out and bought a TON of hamburger to make taco filling for them.
    Love Your Still Hungry Sister

    ReplyDelete