Sunday 29 January 2012

Oh the things we say!

Conversation between Nick and I about my childhood and my birthday this year(which isn't for another couple months but he likes to plan stuff out ahead of time).

Me: As a kid I always made my dad buy me a bag of Ruffles sour cream and onion chips on his way home from the bar. Those are my favourite.
Nick: Well on your birthday instead of playing in cake like Fergie you can roll around in chips because your April and your AWESOME.
Me: Yeah...I could totally pull that off. Fuck cake. I want chips! They have to be Ruffles, none of that lays or cheap Brand stuff.


Its not only Nick and I who have odd conversations.

Miss.V: I'm hungry
Me: *looks around my almost empty kitchen because I avoid grocery stores* Want a banana? We have lots of bananas!
Miss.V: Does it have vitamin A?
Me: uh...sure?
Miss.V: *stares at mom with attitude because she's stupid and doesn't know anything about bananas*
Me: Listen kid eat the banana or don't, I don't care. Its healthy, EVERYONE knows that.
Miss.V: OK OK I will eat the banana.

Of course I was then left wondering why the hell my kids question everything we feed them and why after all the junk she insists on eatings she's suddenly concerned about vitamins. I don't think I will ever understand the way her mind works.

1 comment:

  1. What a smart little thing she is. Next time tell her that bananas give her potasium.

    ReplyDelete